From 1st July 2020, LIFTS must be endorsed by an Accredited Practitioner (AP) (previously known as “competent fire safety practitioner” – “CFSP”) on the Annual Fire Safety Statement.
AFT Fire Protection’s Accredited Practitioners are accredited to endorse LIFTS.
There is strong feedback that many mainstream lift maintenance/installation company staff do not have OR are not gaining the accreditation required under current legislation.
REQUIRED PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Typically, the applicable performance standards are the BCA and AS1735 and the following inspection/tests are subsequently required for the purpose of the AFSS:
- Every lift landing door must be fire rated (-/60/-) – all doors to be individually checked
- Lift car emergency lighting – 2-hour test
- Fire Service controls & recall switch
- Car Emergency Signaling Devices
- Signage on each level – “In case of fire do not use lift”
- Any required lift operation when in fire alarm or power fail – specific to the building
If you require assistance with endorsing your LIFTS then please email us with the details of the particular site:
- AFSS schedule
- Number of lifts
- Number of lift landing doors
- Number of levels
AFT Fire Protection can prepare a quotation for all of your required works, based on the information you provide